Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fun In Florida

Sunday, April 23rd

That night the guys ditched Tara, Preston told me Alan was dancin', lickin', kissin', and rubbin' up on a couple of different girls, he was all over them! Well I guess one of Tara's exes, Derek (who has a girlfriend) was there and saw Alan. Nothing was said until Friday, the girlfriend called Tara and told her everything. She came in the door on Friday, crying. She told me what happened (I just kept my mouth shut), but said she wasn't going to tell me who told her. For once, she didn't blabb all over. (Saturday she told me who) He told her every time he sees Alan there, that he's mackin' on another girl. She asked Preston and Andrew, they said they didn't see anything, that they weren't next to him at the time. Five minutes later Preston confessed to her and begged her not to tell Alan her told her.

When she confronted Alan, he got pissed and very defensive. He tried really hard to convince her nothing happened. He didn't say a word to Preston on Saturday. They were fighting in the shower so loud, Preston and I could hear, "That faggot-ass Preston, I know he told you." Tara said, "You idiot, I told you who told me. It was Derek."

We talked later that morning. She said Betty said he didn't do it to intentionally hurt her, that's just the way he is when he parties and that she should stay w/ him. I told her it's a perfect reason to leave him. I said, "I've always felt; if a guy lays a hand on me or cheats on me - he's gone, period. I don't care why he did it, he has a chance to stop it before it happens. And if he was too fucked up, then he should've been more responsible than that. Either way, he's gone!"

I told her I knew Alan kissed other dirls the night he did it, that Preston told me. She looked at me all hurt and surprized. I told her, "It's a double edged sword; either I be a friend and tell you and risk pissing Alan off and he telling Betty and 'starting shit' and sticking my nose into other people's business, or I don't tell you and risk pissing you off." She just looked at me, then kind of changed the subject by saying, "Well, I'd have nowhere to go. My mom is helping a friend who's husband beat her, so she's staying in my room and there's no place for me to sleep." She's using that as another reason not to leave Alan.

I told Preston, "I just don't understand these people who are so stressed and unhappy in their relationships, but they try so hard to fix the endless problems. I know relationships aren't 100% perfect, but so many people 'believe' they're 'meant to be' and stick w/ it no matter what, but it's just a viscous circle of honesty and dissrespect. Why can't they move on from the relationship and learn from it?!"

Later

No comments: